Thursday, January 22, 2015

The thick and thin of it all

We are absolutely loving our new home and recently had a pot luck party to celebrate.  The kids took over the basement and played like crazy while the adults had a kid free zone upstairs.  Everyone had a great time.
I still find myself struggling though.  My weight is up, my energy down and my diet so-so.  We've encountered money issues.  It's not like we're not used to stretching the budget thin or we are worse off than any other family.  But little things are turning into BIG issues, $50 here and couple hundred there on things that cannot be put aside until later like school and license plate fees.  Not to mention two mortgages. 
We really need to sell our old place- fast.  Husband and I have very different opinions as to what the place is worth.  He thinks its worth a lot more than I do.  Don't get me wrong, the house is really nice, too nice for the neighborhood though.  I would rather get rid of it quick and lose the added expense.  He would rather hold out for more of a profit. 
Stress, especially having to do with money is a big trigger for me.  Huge! 
I guess its time I make that constant decision- keep falling down hill or start to build a ladder up.

No comments:

Post a Comment